Despite the cohesive look, our 70-plus windows were actually installed over many decades.
The "Life of Christ" window over the altar (pictured here) was the first one in 1926 and it remains the only window by Harry Wright Goodhue in the state of Illinois. The large "Te Deum" window at the west end of the nave was completed in 1955 by the studio of Charles Connick. The last window to be installed in the nave features great preachers and teachers of the church and can be found in the north transept. It was created by the studio of Henry Willett in 1965. There is one final stained-glass window to be found which was installed in 1973 in the sacristy.
Many of these windows are now beginning to show their age and are in desperate need of repairs. We have prioritized the work, with the first round done in the summer of 2022 and the second round in the fall of 2023. The estimated cost for just the neediest windows is $17,000 and we are asking for donations to help offset this expense. Please consider contributing to maintaining our historic worship space.